April 25, 2006
By Image Entertainment
Approximately 65 minutes
Fully Restored and Uncut
Rancher Gene Autry finds himself in the dairy business when Smiley is conned into buying a cow farm instead of a cattle ranch. The cowboys soon discover they are bucking an unscrupulous protective association and in the midst of a milk war. Gene is elected sheriff and must quickly cleanup the unsavory situation, bringing about fair play and just milk prices!
Songs include "Beautiful Isle of Somewhere," "Colorado Sunset," and Patsy Montana's "I Want to Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart."
- Reminiscing with Gene Autry and Pat Buttram at the Melody Ranch Theater
- Original Movie Trailer
- Poster and Lobby Card Art
- Production and Publicity Stills
- Original Press Kit Material
- Trivia and Movie Facts
- Excerpts from the August 4, 1940 Melody Ranch Radio Show broadcast. In 1939 when Colorado Sunset was released, Gene Autry's music was on the radio but he did not yet have his own radio program. This show originally aired a year after Colorado Sunset was released in theaters.
|Actors/Artists: Gene Autry, Smiley Burnette, June Storey, Barbara Pepper, Larry "Buster" Crabbe, Robert Barrat, Patsy Montana, The CBS KMBC Texas Rangers, and Champion|
|Director: George Sherman||Audio Format: Mono|
|Screen Format: Full Frame||Color: B&W|
|Original Languages: English||Other Languages: None|
|Region Code: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)||Running Time:
Back to DVDs Index