Gold Mine in the Sky
February 6, 2007
By Image Entertainment
Approximately 60 minutes
Fully Restored and Uncut
When spoiled Eastern gal Cody inherits a ranch, it is up to the ranch foreman, Gene Autry, to keep things in order. Since Cody can't sell the ranch until she weds, she makes plans to marry a Chicago cattle broker and turns the place into a dude ranch. Gene soon learns the fiancé is an unscrupulous racketeer who only wants the valuable property and to get rid of Gene! In between songs with Gene and the Golden West Cowboys there's a fake cattle-rustling raid, kidnappings and attempted murder. With the help of his sidekick, Frog Millhouse, Gene rides down the adventure trail in his most exciting Western thriller!
- Centennial Bonus! Phantom Empire Chapter Two: "The Thunder Riders"
- Centennial Bonus! Gene Autry Personal Appearance in Theater Trailers circa 1936
- Reminiscing with Gene Autry and Pat Buttram at the Melody Ranch Theater
- Poster and Lobby Card Art
- Production and Publicity Stills
- Original Press Kit Material
- Trivia and Movie Facts
- Excerpts from the January 5, 1947 Melody Ranch Radio Show broadcast. In July of 1938 when Gold Mine in the Sky was released, Gene Autry's music was on the radio but he did not yet have his own radio program. For this collection we present to you a special show with a horse theme that includes Smiley Burnette's comic horse riding tips, Champion in the drama, and songs about horses.
|Actors/Artists: Gene Autry, Smiley Burnette, Carol Hughes, Craig Reynolds, Cupid Ainsworth, Frankie Marvin, J.L. Frank's "Golden West Cowboys," the Stafford Sisters, and Champion|
|Director: Joe Kane||Audio Format: Mono|
|Screen Format: Full Frame||Color: B&W|
|Original Languages: English||Other Languages: None|
|Region Code: Region 1
(U.S. and Canada only)
Back to DVDs Index