The Singing Hill
Released: May 1, 2007
By Image Entertainment
Approximately 75 minutes
Fully Restored and Uncut
Ranch foreman Gene Autry must take unusual measures to prevent a spoiled society girl from selling her inherited ranch to a ruthless banker and thus causing upset for the neighboring ranchers. Whether it's masquerading as musicians with his sidekick Frog Millhouse and orphan Patsy, or getting the heiress declared incompetent with the help of a friendly old judge, Gene does whatever it takes to protect the range. In between the action and comedy Gene sings a few songs including "Blueberry Hill" and "The Last Round-Up."
- Centennial Bonus! Phantom Empire Chapter Three: "The Lightning Chamber"
- Centennial Bonus! Republic Pictures' Gene Autry British Isles Personal Appearance Theatrical Trailer circa 1939
- Reminiscing with Gene Autry and Pat Buttram at the Melody Ranch Theater
- Poster and Lobby Card Art
- Production and Publicity Stills
- Original Press Kit Material
- Trivia and Movie Facts
- Excerpts from the July 6, 1941 Melody Ranch Radio Show broadcast. Champion is quite prominent in this show – he's part of the comedy with the Melody Ranch gang and in the drama, Champion is missing! Gene also does a War Bonds pitch for the second time – it would become part of his regular broadcast during the war years.
|Actors/Artists: Gene Autry, Smiley Burnette, Virginia Dale, Mary Lee, Spencer Charters, Gerald Oliver Smith, George Meeker, and Champion|
|Director: Lew Landers||Audio Format: Mono|
|Screen Format: Full Frame||Color: B&W|
|Original Languages: English||Other Languages: None|
|Region Code: Region 1
(U.S. and Canada only)
Back to DVDs Index